Friday, August 18, 2006

I really am just a twisted bitter bitch sometimes

I had a very pleasant day before he got home, got sidetracked a few times but it was worth it.  We had a nice dinner, kids were in bed (not sleeping, but in bed) on time, and then he came home and no sooner does he walk in a freaking citrus rat goes bolting under the fridge in front of him.  It’s like he just oozes chaos.  I swear.  All day…no problems.  He’s home and the choas begins.  So, the rat is under the fridge, right?  No.  We pull it out, he’s nowhere to be seen.  We think he’s in the fridge, well, in all the coils and things, but can’t see him.  So he goes and gets two rat traps (yeah, when you live in Florida, you just have these things laying around) and puts them by both sides of the fridge and sits down and watches.  I decide he’s watching, I’ll go calm down the 7 year old who heard him start cursing about a rat and won’t sleep.  I get her calmed and come out to see if there was any action.  He’s asleep at his post.  So now, who knows if the stupid thing came out or not?  Not him.  Not me.  Now I’m totally paranoid and think the girls are gonna have a rat in their room because where else is better to hide than in piles of princess dresses or under a bed where the owner likes to eat popcorn as she has her bedtime story?  I go and look and sure enough…right on the spot where we were sorting Barbie shoes earlier…there is rat shit.  And the 7 year old is still awake and bordering on panicking.  I don’t let her know that I saw rat shit, but I tell her since she’s awake I’ll stay in her room with her and while I’m in here, why don’t I just clean up your dress-up bin and your closet?  I cleaned for 2 hours and she only just fell asleep right before I finished.  I’m really paranoid though, I wonder if I should keep their light on (they’d never notice) all night to discourage it from coming in there.  I could sleep in there but I’m really sure it won’t see me as a threat.

So, as I’m cleaning and trying to amuse myself, I start thinking.  Why is it that I am so bitter towards him?  I tried going back and finding a point where I started hating him more than I loved him.  He had his moments in NJ.  But I think it was definitely since we moved to Florida.  I’m thinking the week we were looking for houses might have been it.  His parents sold me on moving to Florida by pushing how wonderful Ocala was.  And I love Ocala.  It’s like a horse junkie’s paradise.  Anyway, I thought we were going to end up somewhere near there.  Which is convenient because it’s halfway between both our families.  We spent a week driving around looking at different areas.  We looked at Lady Lake (The Villages) because my aunt and uncle lived there and were convinced that if we got in there with a business and lived nearby we’d be making a wise move.  I thought so as well.  It was perfect.  Just south of Ocala, new area, being built up and being marketed like mad.  It was ideal.  Except he didn’t like it.  I should have seen the red flags go up, but I didn’t.  So, the day we were leaving, the plan was to go to Ocala next and check it out.  We headed up 41, hit the first intersection in Ocala and he made a beeline for the interstate.  He couldn’t get out fast enough.  He didn’t like the area.  I was so flustered and confused, I don’t think I actually had a coherent thought til we hit Tampa.  I just kept thinking, “Did he really just do what he did?”  He never even saw Ocala!  We were on the outskirts and granted, it wasn’t the greatest looking area, it wasn’t even town yet!  We hadn’t even seen ONE horse at that point.  Oh, and to add to my confusion and disorientation, my mom had just called to tell me that Seattle Slew had died as I was searching desperately for a Dunkin Donuts…that is about the exact moment that he made his decision (out loud anyway).  Now, I was always mad at him for that and a little mad at his parents for swaying his decision to move where we did.  I don’t doubt that he was influenced to come near them but last week I was talking to his mother and she said something about how I didn’t like Ocala.  I asked here what the hell she was talking about and she said that he told her we didn’t move there because I didn’t like it.  This might be contributing to my recent bout of nastiness toward him as well.  But I think that day that he just skipped Ocala when we were looking for places to live was the turning point in our relationship.  That and buying a house without me on his next trip down didn’t help either.  Oh, and buying another restaurant when we had agreed to buy homes and fix them and resell them also damaged the whole trust thing.  Not only did he buy one, he bought one in the very place I told him that every single realtor I had spoken to said to avoid like the plague.

I love these little talks we have.  I was thinking I was overreacting or being selfish or a bitch.  BUT he’s really lucky that I haven’t gone completely ballistic on him.  And just in case you are wondering, this type of shit has been happening since we got here.  So, it’s not isolated little incidents.  Oh no…it’s a freaking trend.

Well, I’m gonna go tiptoe through the house like Elmer Fudd and hunt for that waskelly wat…
:)

No comments: