Saturday, August 19, 2006

We’ve got a cat (didn’t see that coming, did you? LOL)

After reading Enyo’s accounts of the bad news about Monty, I feel sort of bad to be excited about our new cat. :(


But I’m still happy that we got her. My dog, however, is not quite so pleased. She was just very curious until she found out that cats hit, now she’s annoyed and curious. The cat we chose happened to have been declawed by a previous owner and so she just punched the dog square in the face when the dog got too close. I would have done the same…I mean, the cat weighs what? 7 lbs? I really don’t know, I didn’t weigh her, but she’s relatively medium sized. And the dog is 100 lbs? I’d have definitely been spitting and hissing and punching just to make the dog think I was insane if nothing else so it would leave me alone.

She’s a long haired tiger cat (not their name but my description of her) and she’s 2 years old (at best guess). She was less than thrilled with the car ride (who would be thrilled riding in a box in a car?) but made herself right at home after punching the dog in the face. My daughters entire existence has revolved around this cat since we got home. They’ve done everything possible to pamper her and she’s very much enjoying the attention. She is not a very independent cat, she does like to be around people and has followed me everywhere but in my office (probably because the dog is sleeping in the doorway). I do have to add that she’s a very cuddly kind of cat. She purrs constantly and just wants to be snuggled with. One of those papoose type baby carriers that you strap on to your front would probably be her ideal place to sit. She loves to be held. My daughter says she’s a Mystery (oh, that was the name the shelter gave her and we are keeping it) because she doesn’t act like a normal cat - she likes to be held all the time. She might be right.

I’m exhausted now, so I’m gonna just go pass out and hopefully there won’t be any cat-dog wars in the middle of the night.

If there was I’ll have something else to write about tomorrow then, won’t I? LOL

Goodnight :)

No comments: