Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Perspective

Every once in a while the filter that I view things through will drop off and things will just look different.  It happens more and more now that I'm not afraid of him.  Remove some of the hatred I was feeling towards him and even more of the filter slips away.

I still flip-flop on a daily basis, but knowing that somewhere inside of me is peace and confidence...that makes me feel hopeful.  Knowing that I am not the person he convinced me I was makes me feel joy and optimistic towards the future.  

Now I hope I can convey those traits, the optimism, joy and hope, to my daughters.  I know now that I could never have been the person they needed me to be if I had not gone to California.  My plans did not work out how I had intended, but who says they didn't go the way they needed to go?  I have faith that things happen for a reason. 


No comments: