Monday, August 21, 2006

the rat is still here

and FYI: sleeping cats do NOT appreciate someong grabbing them, screaming “GET THE RAT!!!” and throwing them into a closet with the rat which they can’t even see cause it’s hiding.

I found it in the coat closet and ended up tearing the whole thing up to find it.  I removed tons of coats we haven’t worn in ages, hell, I doubt we even fit in them.  I took out scarves, gloves and a few other items that were in there for safe keeping (ha!) and found a newly constructed attempt at a nest.  I’ve dimantled it, bleached the closet floor (the nest was on the floor) and wrapped all the small important objects in bags sealed with duct tape.  If something does try to get in, I will be able to tell.  I need bigger bags to store the coats in and those will also get hung back up and sealed with duct tape.  I’m so sick of this stupid rat problem.  And the little bastards aren’t very big really, so they can hide really well.

Oh, and the cat is no where to be found.  She’s probably not coming back out today after I scared the hell out of her, and I really can’t blame her.

Also the water situation seems to have been gotten under control (yes, I updated the last post, but they have confirmed with us that we can give them half tomorrow and make arrangements on the rest.

And now…I’m really going to work.  :)

No comments: