Monday, August 14, 2006

Moving furniture and entertaining guests

We had guests come over today so I took the opportunity to push and finish making my sons room into a playroom/schoolroom as well as cleaning the whole house. I think I get too ambitious for my own good. I had to move a Castro Convertible Couch (the kind with the sofa bed inside) by myself because my repeated requests for help went unanswered. I finally could wait no longer and did it myself. I moved it from the bedroom to my office. I think I pulled a muscle in my arm in the process. I took Advil, we’ll see how bad it is in the morning.

So, we had friends over for dinner while they are visiting from New Jersey. And again, I’m embarrassed because he was slurring his words and generally acting like a drunk by the time we had coffee. It makes me feel like such an idiot when we have people over. They look like they half feel sorry for me and half just want to back slowly out the door and run to their cars.
Now that I have somewhere to put my thoughts, I sort of go over theories and ideas in my head all day. The problem is, by the time I get in here to write them down…I can’t remember what they were. It’s most annoying

I think I’m gonna try to go to bed and get to sleep before the freight train gets out of “his chair” and comes in there to snore at full volume in my ear. Maybe I’ll even try to read a little.

Peace and happiness and all that

‘nite




Written by me on August 14th, 2006 and reposted from archives on October 14, 2011

No comments: