Friday, August 11, 2006

Who am I? Why am I here?

You really want to know who I am? I doubt it. But just for the sake of argument, let’s say I’m your neighbor, friend, mother, wife…I choose to remain anonymous because I am venting here and not intending to harm anyone with my rants or comments. I do love my family and my job and who I am, but sometimes I don’t like them all very much. With the exception of my children…them I like no matter what, even when they are making me nuts.

I am a web designer/developer and a webmaster. I am an artist. I am a mom to three kids whom I homeschool. I am a wife to a husband with an alcohol problem as well as other issues we will surely get into.
I am not perfect. I have never been delusional about that. I am overweight, out of shape, emotionally unstable about twice a month, unsure of my own actions, unsure of my talents, unsure of why I am even on this planet. BUT I wake up each morning and try to make the best of things. I try no matter what the obstacles. I try because I love life, no matter how much the depression monster living in my head says I don’t.

This blog is my therapy. I work on the computer. I run blogs and websites and it only makes sense that I pick a medium I understand. I don’t have time for a therapist, and frankly, I’m not real interested in someone else’s opinion. I know that getting the garbage out of my head helps me to see it in a different light. And most times, that is all it takes to get past the hurdle of dealing with what life has chosen to throw in my lap at the moment. If no one ever reads this blog, I’ll live. If it gives just one person out in the great big world the sense that someone out there might be going through something similar…then it is even better.

This is also my own personal corner of the web. It’s not based on my clients needs, desires or deranged sense of what is cool. It has ads on it, yeah, my entrepreneurial side would scream if I didn’t at least try. I do have three kids to feed, you know. ;) And a dog. And fish. And…and…and…

So there are pages of things I like, things I want to keep track of for future reference or even things I use on a daily basis and I’m tired of searching through endless post-it’s or text files for. Its MY life at full speed, and if you don’t like how I have it set up, you are welcome to go to the next miserable-mom-wife-housewife-bitch blog…if you decide to stick around, you are welcome to comment or just lurk. Keep in mind though, negativity towards my opinions is tolerated, but only if you aren’t nasty about it. I do have the priveledge of being the owner of the blog and can delete your unpleasantries as I see fit.

So, now that we have some groundrules laid out and you know where you are…enjoy, unload, and remember, we are only as alone as we allow ourselves to be. Don’t allow yourself to compromise happiness for what you have been taught is your duty. It’s your life..live it as you would like to and live it so your children know how to live when they grow up.

Peace :)

This is an archived post that was on my old domain and has since been deleted. I will be adding all the old posts here and then resuming with the current status of my life and the adventures it's taken me on. Thanks for visiting...

No comments: