Saturday, September 02, 2006

We had a pair of Bald Eagles across the street, I took pictures…

Yesterday I thought I saw a Blue Heron fly in, they are pretty common but I looked anyway. It turned out to be a Bald Eagle that had landed in the tree across the street. The girls and I were looking and my oldest daughter noticed that there were two of them sitting next to each other. I tried to get some pictures, but since it was raining a little, that didn’t work out so well. Here they are anyway…


two bald eagles in tree

I thought I’d help you out and circle where the two are sitting :)

This was from inside the house, the window glass has rain on it so it’s a bit blurry.

two bald eagles in tree

I went outside for this. I’m under the roof that you saw the corner of in the first picture. I keep messing with color levels and filtering to make them stand out.

two bald eagles in tree

and yes, the weather sucks…it’s normally pretty sunny. However it is hurricane season and we have been getting quite a bit of rain daily.

two bald eagles in tree

this might be the most defined shot of the eagle on the right, the one on the left never comes out from behind the branch and I was not watching when they flew away. They were there for at least an hour after I stopped taking pictures.

I’ve seen Bald Eagles here, so this isn’t anything extraordinary, it was just cool.  The girls were thrilled.  We had the binoculars out and were watching them.  I just thought I’d share.
:)

No comments: