Sunday, October 29, 2006

Just saying hi

I had an idea for a post, I sat here writing for a little while…then my browser went apeshit and I lost it all. I haven’t got the energy to start over. It was a rant on patriotism and the lack of it in my husbands family…the short version? ok…if you force me. LOL

My in-laws were due to come over tomorrow. My father in law does nothing but bitch about Americans. It drives me nuts and I was going to counter attack before he even got his mouth started. Oh wait. If I counter attack before he attacks…then that means I attacked and he’s counter attacking. Right? Whatever…he’s been doing this for years, it’s time I got this shit to end.

Ok…so…let’s forget that bit about a short version. I ain’t made that way. LOL So…the girls and I went to the bookstore yesterday and got new schoolbooks. We got some sweet new “Hooked on…” (as in Hooked on Pre-K and Hooked on 1st Grade) and they just love these things. They won’t stop doing them. What does this have to do with my in-laws and patriotism? Just wait…you’ll see…I’m really getting there.

So, these books come with posters. And stickers. Which, i feel, is why they are so into them. They do something right, they get a sticker. One in the book and then one up on the poster. In order to really get the effect, the poster has to be up on the wall. Right? Right! So, I’m on a roll…being me…and I decided “Screw this trying to hide our freakish unatural schooling methods from everyone!! These babies are going right up on the dining room wall. All 10 of them! Yeah!! LOL There are 10!! Isn’t it great??? Ok…so…I’m looking at the walls thinking we can really get somewhere, now our progress isn’t just hidden in the playroom that is so full of dress up dresses and stuffed animals that you can’t get in…it’s up on the dining room wall!! Everyone will see how great we are doing!! We can’t skip school without it glaring our faces!!! This is just what we need. Also, when you come out of my bedroom door, the first thing you notice now is 10 (Yes, 10!! LOL) bright colored posters with stickers on them. It’s truly in my face and I can’t forget to do it.

Ok, back to my reason for this post…I’m sitting there looking at the wall and the drunk mentions that he’s invited his parents over on Sunday. OK. Whatever. And then I’m thinking…”Ooooooo…Won’t it be fucking hilarious to see thier faces when they see the 10 (Yes, 10!!) 11 inch x 17 inch posters plastered on the dining room wall??” And then I can hardly wait. I’m thinking this is gonna be just the funniest thing ever. Now…skip ahead to today…I’m checking email and get one from my mom. It’s a copy of an editorial on patriotism. Then I start thinking about the Father in law and his annoying as hell rants. Then I think they are coming over. Then I think of the dining room wall. THEN…what if? Hmmmmm…What if i put a big assed poster on the wall that says, “It’s Our Country, It’s Our Heritage, It’s Who We Are” (and in smaller letters..) “If you don’t like it, then go back where you came from” and then put a list of all the great Americans that we’ve learned about already under the poster…sort of use it for our History progress poster. Yeah, I know, it’s negative. But if I make it without the nasty bit about going back where you came from then it’s not too bad. It won’t get the point across to the nasty bastard tomorrow, but then who says anything would get the point across? He’s a close minded emotionally weak person who needs to attack everything before he can be attacked (as if he’s anybody worth attacking). Of course, now that I think of it, I’m sitting here plotting how I can tell him off without actually speaking to him…so who is worse?

I’m having major ups and downs in my mood today…it could be hormonal. It could be that I’ve let myself experience how things should be and now I can’t keep myself under control like I’ve done for the past 13 years or so. Hell..who am I kidding? I’ve been restrained almost my whole life. I just blame myself for the last 13 because I was freaking FREE!!!! And I chose to end up in this situation! Well, it’s not like I sat down and made a decision to be smothered by someone else’s ego. But I did decide to go with this person, to make a life with this person. Boy did I screw up a good thing. But I did get two of the most awesome and incredible little girls because of it, so maybe this all happened for a reason?
I think I need sleep…my babbling has gone from upbeat to somewhat depressing really quickly. I’ll see you happy peoples tomorrow.

nite :)

No comments: