Friday, March 07, 2008

The weather here sucks today

it’s cold, wet and windy.  I guess cold is relative though, since I noticed on Meg’s blog that it’s hot here.  And yes, Meg, for some reason every person I know over 65 keeps that damned Air Conditioning off no matter how hot it is outside.  I think that kids and old folks have something wrong with their thermostats.  Kids never think it’s too hot or cold and old folks always think it’s cold, even when it’s 90 degrees.

As for actual, real, provable heat, I can deal with the that.  In fact, I like heat.  However, I hate the humidity.  Everything I touched was wet this morning.  The floor was just gross (ceramic tile and moisture do not mix well - the dog slid out of the house when she tried to run to the back door.)  My office chair was even damp and I had to jump up and grab a towel to sit on.  I’m sure it’s not helping my computer by being damp.

The worst part of the weather is the allergies.  My head is just ready to blow up.  My daughter is also feeling the pain.  Things never stop blooming here, it’s a nightmare!  When I was stuck “Up North” (that’s the proper term, isn’t it?) I never had allergy problems, or if I did they were barely noticeable.  After living all over the country and all of a sudden having my system assaulted by things that never bothered it before, I began to wonder…why now?  Mom says that she also started this type of reaction at about my age when we lived in Kansas City and it was just as bad.  So maybe it’s an age thing?
Speaking of age and heredity, I also seem to be following mom on the hormone path as well.  I have been noticing when I ovulate for the last year or so.  I mean, there are cramps and major ickyness and I am just tired as can be.  I never ever noticed ovulation before.  My period is, however, not that big of a deal.  Ok, maybe the week before I’m just a touch bitchy.  :D    But it’s much less of a hassle than others I have heard discuss it.

I have to get some work done this morning and I’m just too tired to do it but i thought I’d get work done while the girls have been given a day off from school (by me) to prepare for tomorrow’s gymnastics meet.  The oldest is nervous as hell.  I don’t know what to do to make her feel better.  I tried explaining that she was not the only one who fell off the bars at the last meet, and that it was actually quite common, but she doesn’t want to hear it.  She’s going, I won’t let her out of it just because she’s nervous or scared. She always enjoys herself once we get there so we just have to listen to her whine all the way there (over an hour in the car starting at 5am - this is gonna be fun :P )  We have a new saying when discussing this stuff lately and I’m trying to get her to keep it in her head…”Remember, being BRAVE means you are scared but do it anyway”

I have a few things I say all the time, but I never really think they are listening…you know how it is with kids.  Anyway, when my husband says, “That’s impossible!”  in response to being asked for something…both of them yell, “Nothing’s Impossible!!” from wherever they are in the house.   I have been telling them that for their whole life.  Now I know that’s not quite accurate but if my girls can start life off with that attitude, then I see no harm in it.  And yes, we’ve discussed how sometimes the probability of an event occurring is incredibly unlikely, but they usually ask something like, “how we can say anything is impossible if we can’t prove it…sometimes there might be a way to make something possible that no one has ever tried before…so you always have to try.  You never know when you might see the right way to make it happen.”

My kids are soooo cool!! LOL

Now I’m really going to work…talk to you all later!!

:)

No comments: