Saturday, March 08, 2008

We are back with…

One blue ribbon, 6 red ribbons, 1 white and 1 green (we won’t be discussing that green one…ooookay?  LOL)

After laying in bed thinking about everything I need to do, and listening to the drunk one snore in his peaceful sleep…I got up at 4 feeling like I’d never gone to bed.  I sort of hadn’t.  I think I took a few cat naps.  I got up, got ready, made breakfast, woke girls up and we were on our way.

We were the first ones there, which is like…a miracle!  We are always late.  It was pretty cool.

The girls competed, survived despite their fears, and got awards and t-shirts and had the biggest smiles EVER on their faces as they were called in front of the whole gym to be presented with their ribbons.

We stuck around for Level 3 girls to compete and then we all went to lunch.

We also drove the girls around the town, which is where I lived at one time.  There are lots of cool things in Lakeland, despite it’s many somewhat run-down areas.  We went looking for the swans on Lake Morton and saw quite a few.   We showed them 2 places I used to live and where I used to work, well..the lot I used to work in, the building has been demolished and rebuilt as something else.

Now, I’m more exhausted than I’ve ever been in my life and think I might just go eat dinner and pass out.
See you all later!!

No comments: