Friday, March 07, 2008

Just to prove my point…

We are now under a tornado watch until 7pm.

I told you the weather sucked today!!  :P


Too bad I have no interior rooms with no windows in this house.  You’d think with as many tornados as we get and no basements…builders would have considered that and made a “safe room” in the center of the house.

Oh well.  We were considering getting gymnastics mats for the girls to use at home…now I’m thinking they’d be a great thing to use if we do happen to have a tornado here.  Just jump in the tub with the kids and pull the mat over us…

Of course, I don’t even know if they have sirens here for that.  In KC, we had sirens.  In addition to being in your basement, if you heard a siren…you hit the deck…but Florida seems to be dismally unprepared for such things.

Well, I hope everyone stays safe!  We’ll be zooming to gymnastics practice shortly.  My brain is already in tornado mode so at the first sign of hail, bizarre changes in pressure, funnel clouds…anything, we are parking and heading for a safe place.

I might not be back in here til the end of the weekend because I’ll be prepping for and then recovering from the competition…so everyone have a great weekend and I’ll talk to you when I return!

Meg:  I know you are busy over there so whenever you a chance to call is fine.  I hope things are going as smoothly as possible for you.

:)

No comments: