Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Sometimes life is just so exhausting

I’m going to drag on about being tired still.  Sorry.  I think the sudden lack of anticipation, the ability to stop and not run out to a store for a gift or more food for the holiday dinner is taking it’s toll.  And the kids are just losing their minds.  They are so behind on sleep that they can’t function properly. 

Mom and I have started making sure they eat more often (as part of an experiment with moods) and that they sat and rested at least an hour, twice today.  That did help a bit.  They were going full speed for the last two weeks.  It’s enough to make an adult crazy, but a 5 and 7 yr old hasn’t got the capability of reasoning with themselves when they are tired.  Or at least most don’t.  Ok, Mine don’t.  I really can’t say what others do.  I know when they get tired, it’s a monumental thing to have them understand what you are trying to tell them.  They cry, they throw a fit, they don’t hear you no matter if you are agreeing with them or not.  It’s very nerve-wracking.

Well, I have one more job to finish tonight.  And a stack of blog entries to prewrite (not for here, for my design site) so I don’t have to come up with ideas when I’m too busy to focus on what color selector is best or how to create a pen and ink drawing in Photoshop.

I might be back if I get done and the coffee has really kicked in.  That happens most nights.  Just as I’m ready to sleep…whatever I’ve done to stay up will actually start to work.  Mind you…I am talking about things working hours after they’ve been taken.  It’s not like I drink a mug of coffee at 1am and expect to fall asleep at 2am.  I mean I drink a coffee at 10pm and at 2am I’m suddenly wide awake.  It could be that I’m naturally a night-owl and not the coffee at all though.

Anyway, gotta run and paint some things for a client.  See ya’ll later.

:)

No comments: