Sunday, December 17, 2006

Oh my GOD! It’s a miracle.

The hubby and I are actually really talking.  Like…connecting and communicating.  Although I’m skeptical, I’m also very excited.  I have to make the effort on my part to not fall into old habits and he’s got to actually try too…but everyone noticed a difference today when they came over and commented to me after he left for work.  He had a very different appearance, open and talkative, as if he’s been set free of something.  I am going to act as if he’s really going to continue with what we said, because if I doubt him then I’ll be doing my part in making things go back to the way they were.  I have to stop my old bad habits as well.  The insanity has to stop somewhere.  And I say it ends here.

I’m going to make an effort to be less judgemental as well as not so damned angry all the time.  And I’m not saying that he’s said any of this, he didn’t say I did anything at all.  We basically worked on getting him to be able to communicate with me.  I don’t think he really ever had to talk to anyone before.  Sure, he can talk, tell stories and entertain customers and guests, but he’s not learned to really discuss and solve problems in a relationship.  And now that it’s so emotionally charged here, it’s hard to say anything without one of us blowing up at the other.  So we got the painful shit out of the way (not all I’m sure, but it was a start) and then started working on a realistic plan to make our lives better…We’ve spent 14 years together and we owe it to ourselves to try one more time.  We owe it to our children to teach them how to be in a relationship the right way.  We don’t want them thinking that it’s normal to live like this.  It’s our responsibility to be the adults, we need to start acting like parents and not like fools.

Ok, I have work to do.  I’ll continue this later.  I have some goals I need to meet daily…I think that this type of motivation is going to be very good.
later!
:)

No comments: