Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The small things don't matter

As the tornado of emotion dissipates, you find yourself sitting on the outside watching those that thrive on chaos and feed off of others despair...and wondering why you let these vampires suck the life out of you for so long.  They throw out tendrils barbed with triggers they know will engage you...but only so long as you accept those triggers.  Eventually, you have to decide:  Shit?  Or get off the pot? 

The truth that I imagine I knew all along has come out about not only Tom but others, and I realize that they require misery and dysfunction in their world.  That is a sad way to live.

So, while my life might not be perfect and it's far from successful, I know that the path I'm on is the right one for me at the moment.  It's the path I need to take to give my daughters what they will need in the future.  My kids all know that they are my reason for living, and that I'm doing everything I can to fix the mistakes I've made in the past.  No one else matters.

No comments: