Thursday, April 26, 2007

$21 a week for food? For a family?

This article: “Oregon Governor starts week on food stamps” caught my attention. He is bringing to light how impossible it is to live on food stamps. As someone who had to attempt that back when my son was born 18 years ago…I know that it’s a subject that needed brought into the public line of vision. If you want to keep people who really just need a bit of help and a boost to get back on their feet a reason to give up on life…put them on foodstamps. It’s humiliating, it’s impossible, and it’s not enough to keep your children healthy. Bravo to Ted Kulongoski for making an effort to get this changed.

And now, I have to run back to work.   I just popped in to share this.  And to make some behind the scenes changes to the blog.  :-)


See you later.

:)

No comments: