Sunday, June 10, 2007

Girl Power!!!!!!

Rags to Riches beat the big boys yesterday and I’m just all too excited about it!

For those of you who are clueless on horse racing…feel free to scroll past my overenthusiastic babble.
But she won!!!! I’m totally excited about it. Not only does Todd Pletcher finally win a Triple Crown race..but he wins with the first filly to win in 102 years!!! Way to go Todd, Rags to Riches, John Valesquez and the owners Michael Tabor and Derrick Smith (thanks for running her in this race! It was a great one I’ll never forget). More on this can be found here . There are some videos of the Triple Crown races on that page as well. :-)


Oh and I found this!!!

The 1973 Belmont Stakes where Secretariat (Rags to Riches Great Grandsire) set the time record for a mile and a half that STILL hasn’t been beaten. There is some music to it, but it’s still good :)
(I tried to embed it but it blew up the page - you’ll have to click the link to get there, sorry)

No comments: