Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Saw the comet, kids are thrilled :)

We raced down to the beach to watch the comet (it’s only like 1/4 mile from my house) and the kids were just ecstatic about seeing it.  You had to catch it just as the sun went down because that sucker was out of sight within a short time.  Mom got pics but you gotta know what you are looking for or you’d miss it. 
At least the kids enjoyed, that is what counts.  Tomorrow we’ll have even more discussions about comets.  We’ve been talking about them for the last few days.  I got my telescope down yesterday but haven’t had a chance to get it out yet.  I’ll probably have to clean the lenses, it’s been in storage for years and my husbands considerate friend lost the lens covers back when we lived in NJ.  I have no idea if I covered them with something or was so disgusted at it all that I just put it in as-is and never expected to get it out again.  I guess I’ll see when we go bust it out of its box.

I am exhausted so I’m going to go to bed now.  Hopefully I’ll have energy to write tomorrow.
nite!

:)

No comments: