Friday, June 06, 2008

I’m not going to get to watch the Belmont!!!!

I’m sure as hell going to try to find a TV I can commandeer, but I have decided to go to a seminar this weekend and I have no idea what the schedule is.  The race is at 6:25pm, so if I plot this right I can find a bar or an electronics store…ooooo…wow, what a thought.  Watching Big Brown canter his way into history on 25 tv’s at once!  The thought gives me goosebumps.  I’ll settle for any tv though.

I’m going to be in the middle of horse country, in Ocala, so the odds of finding a tv with the race on are good.  Real fucking good actually.

You know, last time I was in Ocala (aside from driving through to get to Jacksonville or Gainesville) was when we were looking at the town to find a realtor…and about 5 minutes after driving into Ocala, I got a phone call from my mom telling me Seattle Slew had died.  I can’t pass the Dunkin Donuts I was pulling into at the time without remembering that day in vivid detail.  If Big Brown wins Saturday, I’m driving across town to the Dunkin Donuts and buying a coffee on a day that can at least even out the memories there.  It might take more than Big Brown winning the Triple Crown to even out that day (it’s also when hubby got away with never even looking at Ocala because I was so distracted by Seattle Slew dying - by the time I really started focussing again we were half way to Punta Gorda)
I actually had something else to say and now I can’t remember.  I hate that.  Um…horses, ocala, horses, belmont, horses…oh, wait, it might have something to do with horses…LOL

actually there are two things.

one, I’m so excited about the idea of Big Brown winning that I actually get all teary.  Why is that?  I have nothing to do with the Big Brown camp.  I don’t even have anything to do with the horse racing world right now.  I’ve never met Big Brown.  So why does it just make me feel like I’d be so happy I’d burst into tears?  I might as well just accept it and warn anyone who happens to be near me when that bell rings…

and the other thing, I’m going to a seminar that is very likely going to change my outlook on life.  and….hubby has agreed to go with me!  He’s actually going for three days of retraining the way you look at things.  Today he started to panic and got all bent out of shape and told me that he better not have to do anything embarrassing.  And I was totally freaked, like…I’m going to be so preoccupied with whether he’s mad at me for them making him do something that I won’t get what I’m supposed to out of this.  But then mom had to be all rational and say THAT was what I was going to do this for. 

I’m going to change the way I react to life as it happens around me.  And he is going to do the same thing.  If he doesn’t get anything good out of this, that is HIS problem, not  mine.  I’m there to learn as much as possible.  And dammit, I’m gonna freaking do it!

I’m leaving tomorrow afternoon so if you don’t see me til Monday, you know why.

Happy Belmont Day to all….have a great weekend!!

:)

No comments: